Monday, January 24, 2011

Project 52, Weeks 2 and 3



Week 2 brought us snow!! I am not a cold weather person, so I liked it for about a day. It stuck around longer than I care for, but this did mean an opportunity to take some pictures. I needed Trev there to help. Since the snow was to Carter's knees in the backyard, he couldn't walk in it very well. Trev was there to help and play while I took the pictures. Carter seemed to like the snow. Actually, he just liked walking in it. He didn't really care to really play in it. I guess that's what you get with a 19 month old though! The first picture is my favorite of the week but I'm including a few more to document the day


                                                    









                       


In week 3 I got a new lens for my camera! I bought a Canon 50mm 1.8 and I LOVE IT. I was worried at first since I am used to a lens with a zoom but I think this will end up being my primary lens. The pictures are sharper and I rarely have to use my flash. I only have the on-camera flash which I don't like. So this gives me more opportunities to shoot without it. Carter was playing so well in his room one morning so we had a little photoshoot! Here's my favorite.


I do love a good smile picture, but as I mentioned earlier he is stingy with smiles when the camera comes out. But his eyes in this photo are amazing! And he has that look on his face, like "Mom, please stop taking my picture already so I can play with my toys again!" Here's a few more from the morning.








                                                                                                      Sweet Shot Day

6 comments:

  1. Sweet photos!! I too LOVE my nifty fifty, it's a great lens! :) I tend to favor it now over my other lens too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great shots! found you from darcy's place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! Great shots too. My toddlers are so tough to capture.

    A few times I was ready to throw my 50mm... then a few days ago I AF Calibrated it and HOLY MOLY. I don't think I'll be taking it off now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I have that lens also-I didn't use it much until I got my 7D-now, I love it and that blur!

    Came from Sweet Shot. I'm following you now ;0)

    http://livinglifephotographically.blogspot.com/2011/01/texturizing-on-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun! Love the photos you captured with your new lens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Carter's eyes are sooo blue! That is an amazing picture! I really like the black & white with Billy peeking out the door, too. That turned out neat.

    ReplyDelete