Monday, March 7, 2011

Project 52, Week 9

Spring is coming, right? I am so ready for warmer weather, and we really enjoyed the taste of spring this past week. As usual we headed to the park. When I ask Carter if he wants to go to the park, he says "swing?" and "slide!" I think this kid could swing all day if I'd let him. After all, we go to the park to expend some energy, so running around is required.

So here's the picture of the week. I wasn't going to take pictures of him swinging because I only have 500 other pictures of him swinging, but he posed himself like this! It was just too darling to pass up. Yeah, Carter is just chilling in his swing, no big deal.

I love my pictures tack sharp but am trying to branch out. These were pretty crisp but (gasp) I made them hazy in Photoshop. Pure Photoshop Actions has some amazing hazy actions. This one is spring blush from their spring fever set. For those of you interested in photography and Photoshop, I highly recommend them. Also, if you follow them on Facebook they have free actions and sales fairly often! Who doesn't love a free action?  

Another hazy swing shot. This one is Hazy Baby from Pure's Set 1

I can't decide if I love the haze or not, but it did add a nice vintage feel to the picture. Plus everything is still dead outside, so it's not like there are tons of vibrant colors to capture.

And of course, I can't just post one picture, so here are some others from our day at the park.





Have a good week!! Oh and for those of you that read last weeks post, Harter, here's an update. If your child suddenly loses the c sound, maybe he has an ear infection. Maybe he has fluid in his ears. Yup, that's what happened to Carter. Maybe this explains the tantrums, sleeping difficulties and runny nose. And it's been going on for two weeks. I think that earns me mother of the year. Thanks to my Mom for suggesting this! 



Sweet Shot Day 

12 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Sara! I'm so ready for warm weather too!!

    I'm sorry to hear about Carter's ear infection :( Sure hope he's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one of him facing away looks JUST LIKE TREVOR from behind. Not that I am checking out your hubby/my cousin or anything. Haha I have just seen Trevor have that exact same stance. Genetics are a crazy thing! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about Carter's ear infection. Beautiful shots of him playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures....certainly a happy moment.

    Sorry about the ear infection!

    Stopped by from the Happiness Project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures. That first one is so fun!

    I hope he is feeling better this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What sweet pictures! Nice!

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/upliftingwordsonline/5509464948/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last one is def my favorite! And of course the expression of a child always brings joy...for me anyway!

    Visiting from the 'project'

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to learn more about photoshop. Editing intrigues me.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great day at the park!! Your son looks about my son's age.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a really fun day- that would totally make me happy. Miss those times

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pics and your post processing is really nice :-)

    ReplyDelete