Here is the before:
The top needed some work. But since I was planning on painting it, not stripping and staining, it wasn't a problem for me. In fact, the more banged up the piece is, the more character it has.
So I went to town with soap and water (obviously!), and fixed a few spots with wood filler. I took all of the hardware off, which I ended up using. Once the hardware was off and the drawers removed, I primed with Kilz. I use spray paint usually when refinishing. It's so easy, and I don't love brush strokes showing. My preferred brand of spray paint is Krylon; it has the best nozzle. I decided to paint with Ivory gloss. Once it was dry, I glazed with a black glaze to give it that old feeling. This dresser didn't have a lot of detail to pop, but the glaze was still a nice detail. I used a oil rubbed bronze spray paint on the hardware, which turned out awesome!
So here is the after:
So there it is, and I love it. I'm linking up with some other amazing transformations throughout the week (although some don't start until Friday), so go check them out!